Smart Talk: How organizations and consumers are embracing voice and chat assistants
Conversational assistants are winning the hearts and minds of consumers.
Conversational assistants are here to stay, making everything from boiling an egg to making a payment that much easier. And consumers expect more of them day by day. If they meet these growing expectations, conversational assistants are in a position to transform the customer experience landscape. But do organizations have the customer-centricity and organizational capabilities necessary to deploy these technologies successfully?
Consumer appetite is growing
In the new report from the Capgemini Group Research Institute, Smart Talk: How organizations and consumers are embracing voice and chat assistants, we talked to over 12,000 consumers who’ve used and continue to use voice and/or chat assistants and to 1,000 executives from consumer products and retail, financial services, and automotive, including pure-play digital players. We found that:
- Conversational assistants are going mainstream– consumers and organizations alike consider them to be crucial for customer engagement and experience
- Voice is fast becoming consumers’ preferred way to interact for a number of activities – and it’s on the rise
- Many organizations are already driving significant benefits from conversational assistants – 76% have realized quantifiable benefits from them and 58% say that these benefits met or exceeded their expectations
- Less than 30% of companies show conversational interface maturity – and the small group that do focus their efforts on consumer-related factors such as gaining trust, understanding preferences, and better meeting needs, as well as organizational capabilities such as creating awareness and training their employees
Are companies ready to deliver?
Consumers seem to be sold on conversational interfaces. Organizations that want to leverage this growth must strike a balance between human and robotic interactions, they must equip their conversational assistants with additional features, and they have to focus on gaining consumer trust by solving consumer pain points and being contextually relevant.
Conversational assistants hold the key to building deeper and more valuable relationships with customers. But there’s more to it than simply employing new technology. The secret is delivering a superlative customer experience over and over again. After all, people matter…
For the full findings, case studies, and advice get your copy of the report by filling in the form below:
Sorry, this content can only be visible if Functional Cookies are accepted. Please go to the Cookie Settings and change your preferences.
- Therese SinterKommunikations- och marknadsdirektör, Sogeti/Nationell #addher-driver
+46 70 361 46 21
Therese SinterKommunikations- och marknadsdirektör, Sogeti/Nationell #addher-driver
+46 70 361 46 21