eGovernment Benchmark 2020
In our new report the state of digitalization in the public sector in 36 European countries have been benchmarked.
The annual study, led by Capgemini and jointly carried out with its subsidiary Sogeti and consortium partners, IDC and Politecnico di Milano for the European Commission evaluates how EU countries are progressing with the priority areas of the EU’s eGovernment Action Plan 2016-2020. The eGovernment Benchmark 2020 concludes that eGovernment is increasingly empowering Europeans in times of social distancing, but further implementation of digital building blocks is required to further improve digital service delivery.
The Insight Report at hand, presents the main highlights of the assessment of eGovernment services in 36 countries: the 27 European Union Member States, as well as Iceland, Norway, Montenegro, the Republic of Serbia, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Kingdom, Albania and Macedonia (referred to as the EU27+).
The assessment of these services covers the priority areas of the EU eGovernment Action Plan 2016-2020, which also provides insights in the current status of the principles set forth in the Tallinn Declaration of eGovernment. Each priority area is measured by one or more indicators, included in the so-called top-level benchmarks:
- User centricity: indicates the extent to which a service is provided online, its mobile friendliness and its usability (in terms of available online support and feedback mechanisms).
- Transparency: indicates the extent to which governments are transparent about the process of service delivery, the responsibilities and performance of public organizations and the personal data processed in public services.
- Cross-border mobility: indicates the extent to which users of public services from another European country can use the online services.
- Key enablers: indicates the extent to which technical and organizational pre-conditions for eGovernment service provision are in place, such as electronic identification and authentic sources.
Fill in the form below and get a free copy of the report.
Sorry, this content can only be visible if Functional Cookies are accepted. Please go to the Cookie Settings and change your preferences.
- Therese SinterKommunikations- och marknadsdirektör, Sogeti Skandinavien
+46 70 361 46 21
Therese SinterKommunikations- och marknadsdirektör, Sogeti Skandinavien
+46 70 361 46 21